Topic: Drugs & Alcohol

So a lot of you know my story anyway, and maybe another time I'll tell it again, but I thought we needed this thread anyway. It's sometimes good to share with others.

Well last night I got wasted, and I went to bed and was lying there for about half hour when I felt I needed to have a little chuck, so I went to the toilet and started to throw up blood. This scared me a fair bit, I've been getting nose bleeds more and more often in the mornings now after drinking and apparently that can be attributed to drinking excessively, but I've never thrown up blood?

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Re: Drugs & Alcohol

How much blood are we talking here? Times when I've thrown up violently then dry heaved for a while then thrown up a little again there were specks of blood but theres never been a significant amount where I felt something was wrong. Vomitting takes a toll on your esophogus and stomach and sometimes veins might get swollen and rupture or leak. If it was a large amount I would get checked out. If it was a small amount taking it easy for a while and letting your body repair itself might be enough. Also I read that if you have frequent nose bleeds or a nose bleed followed by vomitting it could be as simple as you are regurgating blood that you inadvertantly swallowed. But that sucks man, keep us posted.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

3 (edited by DoWot 2013-11-19 07:23:35)

Get checked out Norwood, whether its a few specks of blood or a bucket load. Don't ignore anything thats out of the ordinary for you. Drink can do horrible things to the body (I've written about all my drink related shit on here before,but I had a lot of the physical shit...most of which I ignored for as long as possible and wish I hadn't now), if you can Norwood lay off the drink or at least cut down till you can get to the doctors, if you puked a lot of blood or projectile vomited blood go straight to the hospital.
Norwood if you consider yourself drink dependent don't stop just like that but do cut down til you see the doctors,..forgot to say that!

A VILE PRODUCT OF WELFARE UK

I would go see a doctor, get yourself checked out.

What gnat said. Just don't make it a habit.

It wasn't like cup loads of blood, but it was enough to scare me a little bit, more than specks. I might go see my doctor and get a check up.
I don't really consider myself drink dependent, I drink 4-5 nights a week, probably 2-3 of them i get drunk, the others just hve 5-6 beers. Last night was the first time in ages ive had a spew, I don't normally drink till I pass out or spew, just normally drink till im pretty wasted then try stay at that level.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

7 (edited by spiderview 2013-11-19 11:43:45)

That sounds like a lot to mee... But you can easily test if you're drink dependent or not. Take a break from it for a week or two. If there's no withdraws (shakes, sweating, nausea, anxiety, restlessness,etc.), I bet you're sailing on safe waters. If you already tend to have those symphtoms, then I'd think what the booze is doing in that equation. And ff you notice some withdraws on your break, I'd think about what's really happening and what am I doing long and hard.

But the blood on your vomit doesn't seem something to worry about. Specially compared to the drinking in itself imo.

Doesnt matter how much blood. Go see a doctor..

....please...?

Yeah mate, get yourself checked out and ease off the booze for a while, listen to these lads ^, they know what they're talking about.
I've only ever thrown up blood once and it scared me sober.
Get the nosebleeds checked out too, they could be work related.

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

10 (edited by Bettie_Rage 2013-11-19 18:07:08)

Bacon wrote:

Doesnt matter how much blood. Go see a doctor..

....please...?

what Bacon said sad

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Yeah man ya livers gotta last I cant really talk because I was a drinker and still would be if life hadn't changed but just because we young...ish dont make us invincible.

12 (edited by chisox100 2013-11-22 01:27:26)

I've accepted that I have a very addictive personality. I constantly have a crave to not be sober and it sucks. I can't sleep unless I give myself some kind of substance. Luckily for me diversity of substances and being consciously aware of this problem has prevented me from becoming dependent on any single one. I've got an alternation between cigarettes, weed, alcohol, kratom and on rare occasion shrooms. I hate the fact that this is what it takes for me to sleep. But i'm surviving with somewhat limited damage to my health.

Back in May-June i had a really bad kratom binge. For those who don't know kratom is a natural opiate that gives a very euphoric and relaxing high. I used it before going to class everyday for the last month of school. I took great notes and got some of my best test scores ever. I realized I was becoming dependent on it so I quit cold turkey after my last final. That night (12 hours off of kratom) I went to see Senses Fail, one of my favorite bands. The "withdrawl" from the drug hit me like a train halfway through Senses Fail's set. I ended up feeling so depressed that I just walked out of the show and went home. The next week I was the most depressed i'd ever been in my life. Music was the only thing that kept me going. It slowly started to fade away around day 7 and by day 10 cold turkey i was back to normal. I later learned that kratom's withdrawal is basically your brain re-learning how to "be happy" so to speak because it becomes reliant on the drug.

Went 5 months clean and starting in October i've started using it again but I do not let myself touch is more than twice a week to prevent tolerance buildup and I do not want to deal with the withdrawal again. That being said I still love the feeling it gives and how it helps my grades.

There's no physical addiction so if you can control your usage I highly recommend choosing it over something like ritalin or anti-depressants since its essentially a different means to acheive the same results.

As for other drugs...i've never taken any sort of pills simply because I know i will become dependent on them quickly. I really want to try more psychedelics though. I've had some amazing experiences on shrooms. I've done acid once and it was really weak stuff so i didnt get anywhere near the full effect. Legitimate ayahuasca one of my bucket list goals for my life but making it down to the Amazon seems pretty unlikely...

"I pop punk, not pills"

chisox100 wrote:

I've accepted that I have a very addictive personality. I constantly have a crave to not be sober and it sucks. I can't sleep unless I give myself some kind of substance. Luckily for me diversity of substances and being consciously aware of this problem has prevented me from becoming dependent on any single one. I've got an alternation between cigarettes, weed, alcohol, kratom and on rare occasion shrooms. I hate the fact that this is what it takes for me to sleep. But i'm surviving with somewhat limited damage to my health.

Back in May-June i had a really bad kratom binge. For those who don't know kratom is a natural opiate that gives a very euphoric and relaxing high. I used it before going to class everyday for the last month of school. I took great notes and got some of my best test scores ever. I realized I was becoming dependent on it so I quit cold turkey after my last final. That night (12 hours off of kratom) I went to see Senses Fail, one of my favorite bands. The "withdrawl" from the drug hit me like a train halfway through Senses Fail's set. I ended up feeling so depressed that I just walked out of the show and went home. The next week I was the most depressed i'd ever been in my life. Music was the only thing that kept me going. It slowly started to fade away around day 7 and by day 10 cold turkey i was back to normal. I later learned that kratom's withdrawal is basically your brain re-learning how to "be happy" so to speak because it becomes reliant on the drug.

Went 5 months clean and starting in October i've started using it again but I do not let myself touch is more than twice a week to prevent tolerance buildup and I do not want to deal with the withdrawal again. That being said I still love the feeling it gives and how it helps my grades.

There's no physical addiction so if you can control your usage I highly recommend choosing it over something like ritalin or anti-depressants since its essentially a different means to acheive the same results.

As for other drugs...i've never taken any sort of pills simply because I know i will become dependent on them quickly. I really want to try more psychedelics though. I've had some amazing experiences on shrooms. I've done acid once and it was really weak stuff so i didnt get anywhere near the full effect. Legitimate ayahuasca one of my bucket list goals for my life but making it down to the Amazon seems pretty unlikely...

Having withdrawals is the exact same thing as a physical addiction. If it's even similar to an opiate, excessive use and sudden stoppage will result in withdrawal from a physical addiction.

Sounds like an opioid with something possibly messing with serotonin intakes in your brain. I did some quick research from first-person points of view and they differed largely. There seems to be no research, either.

Anyway, it's an opiate so you're on a slippery slope my friend. I'm glad you know this, though. Stay safe with it as best you can.

So, I'm about to be 11 months clean and sober, which is pretty cool. I've basically known I'm an addict since I was a kid... I went nuts on the morphine drip when I was in the hospital for a week (although, honestly, who wouldn't?) and I've known my mother died from alcoholism for over a decade but all the knowledge in the world didn't save me. All it took was 3 years of heavy marijuana smoking and 3 months of heavy drinking and I was done. I knew I was done. I mean, my life was done, not using drugs. I went to rehab. Things aren't great like I'd planned when I got out but they're a hell of a lot better than where I was a year ago.

I would love to be able to do it again, but I can't. That's the bottom line. The desire is still very strong but if I can make it this far I can make it until tomorrow, right?

Anyway, I hope none of this came off as conceited but the shit sucks. Take it from me, to anyone, if you think you've got a problem you probably do. If you want to try to control it, good luck to you. Some people can. If I had the chance to do it over again, I wouldn't even try to control it. I'm just scared shitless because of what it did to me before. I know I can't control it so I can't do it.

Anyway, carry on. 10 months ago I couldn't even read our drug thread because it would make me want to drink. I'm cool with it now. Kinda.

BTW: Marijuana is my DOC and living in Colorado (for those who don't know, this state voted to legalize and tax it) is going to be one hell of a test. I've honestly considered the fact that I might have to move away for my health. Okay. Enough of this for today.

Astro Villain wrote:

BTW: Marijuana is my DOC and living in Colorado (for those who don't know, this state voted to legalize and tax it) is going to be one hell of a test. I've honestly considered the fact that I might have to move away for my health. Okay. Enough of this for today.

Weed's always been my first choice too, kicked it in the head a couple of years back after nearly 30 years of abuse and misuse but in the last few months I've been slipping off the wagon more and more. Nowhere near as bad as I was but regular enough to start worrying.
I don't think a change in legal status would make any difference to me, its only ever a phone call or a short walk away, if you still want it you'll get it no matter where you live or what the law says about it.
The only way to kick it is if you truly want to, otherwise you'll find a way.

As for Kratom, I thought it was only addictive if you take shitloads for a long time? and due to the nature of it the body is very slow to build up a tolerance to it so there's pretty much no need to hammer it anyway. The only sites i could find claiming it's dangerously addictive are the usual propaganda sites. Sounds like it is all psychological chisox, but.. you know you have an addictive personality, and reading through the drug threads on POS over the years you know prolonged drug/alcohol use never goes well, so why do it? Insomnia's a bitch but no excuse for substance abuse when there are so many different routes to go down first, start a sleep thread and ask for answers there, the easy way out can often turn out to be the hardest.
What's the status of kratom in the states? It's a legal high over here and that's enough to put me off, I like my highs to be illicit.

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

16 (edited by XanO 2013-11-23 21:21:20)

this may have already been said but if the blood is dark then it's had time to coagulate in the stomach.   That means it most likely started in the stomach as some sort of ulcer.  Drinking and anything that thins the blood would be bad for that.  If it's "fresh" blood then it could be in the throat or the stomach and having a little vomit could have opened an old wound.  Lungs, throat and stomach are you key suspects.  If you cough up a bit of blood and then swallow it not knowing then you could be puking blood.  Either way you should get yourself looked at.  See if it's your poop too.  That's important for a diagnosis.  Bloody noses could be contributed to dryness.  If you leave anywhere like me then the winter will instigate that.  It seems you have a blood clot problem.  do take any anti coagulants like alcohol or asprin.  The two big ones.  I've seen this happen and I've seen it go away so don't blow your top.  If anything, it helps to think positive so keep in mind there is a good chance your okay.

condescend |ˌkändəˈsend|
verb [ no obj. ]
show feelings of superiority; be patronizing: take care not to condescend to your reader.
• do something in a haughty way, as though it is below one's dignity or level of importance: we'll be waiting for twenty minutes before she condescends to appear.

Thats good advice. I think chances are if hes been having frequent nosebleeds and then sees some in his vomit those two things are most likely related.

Hows it going norwood? Found out anything?

Guana wrote:
Astro Villain wrote:

As for Kratom, I thought it was only addictive if you take shitloads for a long time? and due to the nature of it the body is very slow to build up a tolerance to it so there's pretty much no need to hammer it anyway. The only sites i could find claiming it's dangerously addictive are the usual propaganda sites. Sounds like it is all psychological chisox, but.. you know you have an addictive personality, and reading through the drug threads on POS over the years you know prolonged drug/alcohol use never goes well, so why do it? Insomnia's a bitch but no excuse for substance abuse when there are so many different routes to go down first, start a sleep thread and ask for answers there, the easy way out can often turn out to be the hardest.
What's the status of kratom in the states? It's a legal high over here and that's enough to put me off, I like my highs to be illicit.

Its legal here too. Pretty much every smoke shops got a small kratom section. I buy it online since its way cheaper.

Right now i'm saving up for a memory foam mattress in hopes that helps insomnia. Those things are comfy as fuck.

"I pop punk, not pills"

19 (edited by yb 2013-11-24 17:36:46)

yah chis my advise take it as you will but lay off that kratom never heard anything about it until you mentioned it, i did a quick google search and got this http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/11/21/ne … tly-legal/ 
“You’ll go through an opiate type of withdrawal, where you’ll have nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, chills, and sweats,” Gannon said,  “You’ll just feel like you want to die.”

but soon, Carrie said, her casual kratom use turned to  full-blown addiction. She was taking kratom three times a day, spending $1,000 a month on it.

“I was scrounging for change, for food ,”  Carrie said,  “ Some days I would go without eating because I would rather have money for the drug.”

This sounds exactly like heroin. a little bit about me. I got sober February 2012. I started using Oxys in 07 and I had been shooting heroin since the summer of 2008 when I graduated high school. I had been in multiple rehabs, troubles with police, troubles with drug dealers, homelessness, and basically a overall junkie and all the problems that come with being a junkie. and damn it was not fun. I ended up going to a 14 month program but left after ten months. It worked for me. I am still clean but man the drug isn't worth it. whats so ever. at first you think you have control but it takes over and then you are spending your whole day scheming on how to get high so you can get your next fix.  and once you get it it is a repeating cycle, and you don't really care who you rip off, what you do. its just not worth it. stick with the pot and the alcohol if you are going to do anything. and maybe the casual psychedelic but please don't start messing with the harder stuff.  its a long and hard road to go down the beginnings is a whole lot of fun but the end is not at all.  it is the devils drug

and this part is for you ASTRO VILLAIN- GRANTED every situation is different but when I was in my first year of sobriety it was an emotional roller coaster because I was starting to feel emotions that I hadn't felt in year due to it always being suppressed. now when you get clean you don't have any of that so it all comes and smacks you right in the fucking face. after a while it gets much better, easier, I keep myself busy with hobbies like running, biking, hiking, boxing, going to the gym which really helps for me. I am not sure if you will even read this but just keep it up. you have gone farther then most people have. and congratulations on the 11 months, I think you will be just fine.

although granted the site could just be a bunch of misinformation chis. i dunno kratom just seems sketchy. fun fact Heroin use to be legal and was used as a beauty product.
Bath salts I have never tried them but boy did i hear some weird ass stories. sounds like one hell of a crazy ass time if you like going completely insane.

heard a news report that a guy ate his friend on bath-salts. can you imagine waking up in jail and finding out what you did. when you read the paper of your charges and have the description of the crime you committed. 

and for your psychedelic curiosity I have always thought of shrooms as cartoon network and LSD as the sci fi channel. this kid i went to HS with stabbed himself in heart after a shrooms trip. reality gets pretty weird on mushrooms

He stabbed himself on purpose? Wow. Those things must have been intense. Way more than any I've had.

Sooo..back on topic..Norwood, have you been to a doctor yet?

yb wrote:

although granted the site could just be a bunch of misinformation chis. i dunno kratom just seems sketchy. fun fact Heroin use to be legal and was used as a beauty product.
Bath salts I have never tried them but boy did i hear some weird ass stories. sounds like one hell of a crazy ass time if you like going completely insane.

heard a news report that a guy ate his friend on bath-salts. can you imagine waking up in jail and finding out what you did. when you read the paper of your charges and have the description of the crime you committed. 

and for your psychedelic curiosity I have always thought of shrooms as cartoon network and LSD as the sci fi channel. this kid i went to HS with stabbed himself in heart after a shrooms trip. reality gets pretty weird on mushrooms

From my experience everything that article said was true but not to the extremity they were claiming. Right now i'm going two months straight never using it more than twice a week. In December i'll be on winter break and working limited hours at a laid back job. No stress or need to get enough sleep so i'll be taking a month off from it then. I'll be able to better assess my situation then.

As for psychedelics, my experiences with shrooms have been nothing short of awesome. Whenever I start seeing or feeling weird shit I just embrace it as part of the high and it never bothers me. I don't get how it could make you stab yourself...and i'd prefer not to find out haha

"I pop punk, not pills"

24 (edited by yb 2013-11-24 19:20:48)

i have had some good times myself. i remember hearing layla for eric clapton. it took me a year to figure out what the piano verse was but i remember it being pure bliss.

i think the kid who stabbed himself was just being dumb at the time, he apparently took them with some friends and the friends had to go so he went into his room at his house. and ended up stabbing himself twice in the heart with a knife ( one really costly and stupid mistake) . his little sister who was 15 at the time found him in the room on the floor all covered with blood and it fucked her up pretty badly.

Hey guys, sorry for not replying, ive been out camping the last 3 days, ended up not drinking to much, was trying to take it pretty easy, but ended up taking heaps of acid and Ecstasy, tripped out pretty hard for a couple of nights and didnt sleep.
I'm pretty hopeless, i never ended up going to the doctor, i haven't had any more blood spew, someone above asked if it was dark or light, it was more light. Havent had nose bleeds for 4-5 days now either. So im hoping thats a good sign.

I know I drink to much and im telling myself ive got away with this time, but ill really try not drink as much for the next few months, try and lay of the alcohol for a while. Give my body a little break and try get some health back. Im covering heaps of shift work coming up soon so I wont have the time off to party to hard. So that will end up being good too.