Re: Drugs & Alcohol

Oh now come on man..meth...really, i mean drugs is drugs but meth is like nooooooooo.

I'm with Howling and Bettie on this one, you gotta be very careful with shit like that, and meth doesn't make you careful.
I learnt from my own experiences anyway so I can't really call you for doing the same, just be careful.
And remember, naked people lose most of their charm when you realise they're methed up wink

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Lets be honest if the drug addicts are telling ya that shits wrong then well, ya know?

and it's gonna make you look like a 98 year old grouchy old hobo.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Norwood man, seriously, make those rocks a one off.

Watch yourself, lad.

"I tried to push him away with my head and I shouldn't have done that." - Alan Pardew

norwood, its not the weekend yet. finding shit midweek is something i would do...

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Norwood that doesn't sound cool. Not going to tell you what to do. Just saying try to be safe mate.

Hey guys, yea just a couple of weekends on it, not going to touch it again now, partied way to hard for to long, and cooked me goose pretty hard. No more touching that, it's ruining to many people I know around my area. Thanks for the advice though. I'll just stick to speed and pingers for now. It's not even fun being awake and feeling like that for to long, at least with pingers you have a sick time for a day/night then you can still sleep when you want too.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Norwood wrote:

Hey guys, yea just a couple of weekends on it, not going to touch it again now, partied way to hard for to long, and cooked me goose pretty hard. No more touching that, it's ruining to many people I know around my area. Thanks for the advice though. I'll just stick to speed and pingers for now. It's not even fun being awake and feeling like that for to long, at least with pingers you have a sick time for a day/night then you can still sleep when you want too.

Yeah and I'm watching you madam...you don't know where but I will be watching you. Don't get naked though...that's weird.

you cannot tell norwood he cant get naked. norwood and nakedness go hand in hand. especially when climbing mountains

this video has nothing to do with nakedness but sorta fits in the topic

LOL i know...i figured that as I wrote it.

So had to be taken to the hospital tonight... 48 hour binge drinking plus no sleep plus about 10mg ativan. Passed out i guess and my grandma of all people finds me and calls the ambulance. Apparently i was being belligerent at the hospital, had to handcuff me to the bed. Everyone has police scanners around here so pretty much my entire family shows up and now knows im a fuckin alcoholic and druggie. Probably never think of me the same again. But then again my whole life is fucked anyway, so i guess it doesnt matter.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Fucking hell gnat. Glad nothing worse happened. Maybe the fact that your habits are more out in the open leads to something more positive and gets your family become closer? Love ya bro.

gnat wrote:

So had to be taken to the hospital tonight... 48 hour binge drinking plus no sleep plus about 10mg ativan. Passed out i guess and my grandma of all people finds me and calls the ambulance. Apparently i was being belligerent at the hospital, had to handcuff me to the bed. Everyone has police scanners around here so pretty much my entire family shows up and now knows im a fuckin alcoholic and druggie. Probably never think of me the same again. But then again my whole life is fucked anyway, so i guess it doesnt matter.

The old saying goes "you get get better until you hit rock bottom" Consider this your rock bottom and you can slowly work towards making things better.

"I pop punk, not pills"

Glad to hear your okay gnat. I've had some close call with drugs and family before, were I've been off my head and ran into family. Once dad saw me and a mate shelving pingers at 10am on a Sunday morning, I think he just thought we were gay and fingering ourselves.

Hope alls well anyway mate!

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

dang gnat. we are all here for you. you certainly wouldnt be the first alcoholic in the world. When i had court ordered Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, I was surprised a bit by the range of ages. Plenty of people in there early to late 20's, not just all old people. Even a few late teenagers, not even old enough to legally buy alcohol. The churchy aspect of it put me off a bit, but they mean well.

The pills are what you gotta watch out for imo. And never ever drive under the influence.

gnat wrote:

Of course it matters gnat, chances are they either already knew or had their suspicions, but as Spidey said, now it's common knowledge you can work towards getting your problems sorted out, the first problems being the substance abuse, I've always been of the opinion that drugs and alcohol are there to make us feel good, if you're using them to stop yourself feeling like shit then you're only ever going to spiral downward, but the over usage is just a side effect of a bigger problem. On here you come across as an intelligent, witty guy, but several times I've read between the lines and you come across as having quite low self esteem and don't seem to recognise your own value, I only know bits of your personal life so could only make guesses as to why you'd feel like that, but if you ever want to get past the alcohol and drug abuse you have to think you're worth it.
Don't be worried about who knows what about you now, just accept any help that's offered, POS might be a site full of fuck ups and there's only so much we can do for you here, but there are plenty of us who care about you and we'll do what we can to help you get yourself sorted again, you're one of the most popular members here and none of us want to see you suffer.
Get the help you need fella, don't let pride, self loathing or any other fucked up emotion get in the way, they're probably just more symptoms of your over-usage anyway.
Take care fella, we're here for you.

And Norwood, will you please stop sticking things up your arse and telling us about it, mental images like that tend to stick sad

Fuckin sex pistols mad

Gnat, they might not look at you the same, but unless they're totally fucked, they're still your family and want what's best for you.  My older sister has od'd on heroin a couple times and I can tell you that as fucking pissed off as I get at her, I would still do whatever I could to help her get and stay clean.  When the time comes you'll be ready to prove those mother fuckers wrong and get your shit sorted out.

I echo the above. It's not necessarily a bad thing that it's all come out. Good luck Gnat marra, and I wish you a speedy recovery.

"I tried to push him away with my head and I shouldn't have done that." - Alan Pardew

Ick McWang wrote:

dang gnat. we are all here for you. you certainly wouldnt be the first alcoholic in the world. When i had court ordered Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, I was surprised a bit by the range of ages. Plenty of people in there early to late 20's, not just all old people. Even a few late teenagers, not even old enough to legally buy alcohol. The churchy aspect of it put me off a bit, but they mean well.

The pills are what you gotta watch out for imo. And never ever drive under the influence.

There is no Churchy aspect of AA, its a higher power of "your" understanding. Nothing to do with religion (unless you want it so) or church

I've known a few people put off by the religion side of AA, it's supposed to be spiritual but wherever you find weakness you usually find religion slipping in.

AA maintains that it is a "spiritual, not religious program." However, this seems to be a distinction without a difference as the structure of the AA program makes clear. As noted above, the Steps repeatedly mention God. Meetings also usually include prayer and the AA literature is overtly infused with religiosity. AA also sprung out of the Christian Oxford Group movement. As a consequence, a number of courts have ruled that enforced AA attendance violates the Establishment Clause such as in the cases of Griffin v. Coughlin[4] and Warner v. Orange County Dep't of Probation.[5][6] While some atheist, agnostic, and humanist-oriented AA groups sprung up in response to AA's religious nature,[7] they are usually not available outside of major urban areas. There has also historically been tension between these groups and organizational AA writ large -- for example, two atheist/agnostic groups in Toronto were de-listed for failing to adhere to AA religious ideology.[8] In actual fact, AA is attended by many non-religious people. For them, "GOD" can mean just "Group Of Drunks

(taken from rationalwiki)

Fuckin sex pistols mad

Well, the truth is I got sober in AA 3 1/2 years ago and sponsor people so I guess some Wiki will set me right wink

The AA I am involved in doesn't force any religion on anyone, in fact forcing an addict/alcoholic to believe in something is just laughable as we are a stubbon lot!

zerosquad wrote:

Well, the truth is I got sober in AA 3 1/2 years ago and sponsor people so I guess some Wiki will set me right wink

The AA I am involved in doesn't force any religion on anyone, in fact forcing an addict/alcoholic to believe in something is just laughable as we are a stubbon lot!

I hear you there, mate of mine went to one of our local meets, it was run by a devout churchman (not the Church) and he was a profound Atheist and bailed after about three sessions, no-one tried to convert him but religious themes kept popping up.
The religious are always drawn to helping people and charitable causes and I would imagine the temptation to inspire people with what inspires themselves is too strong to resist. The AA might not have a religious agenda but it all depends on who's sat in the big chair at the end of the day.

Fuckin sex pistols mad

Guana wrote:
zerosquad wrote:

The AA might not have a religious agenda but it all depends on who's sat in the big chair at the end of the day.

That is true, but if the guy chairing the meeting is pushing religion down the groups throat, its not AA, its one guy with an opinion doing something that is not in the best interest of AA as a group, does that make sense? AA has its own Tenets and if a chair person pushes something that isn't in the AA 12 steps or 12 Traditions then it is one guys opinion. I have been to meetings like that, and I only go to them once as there are many other meetings out there that aren't smile

There are many other ways that claim to work to get people off booze and drugs and they very well may work for some people, but I do what I do (AA) as its the only thing that worked for me personally. I had tried other means, such as treatment, abstinence etc.

Either way, if Gnat is hurting enough that he posted what he did on this forum, he is probably willing to accept help of some kind and I encourage him to do something (anything) about it because there is nothing worse than that feeling of hopelessness that comes from that feeling that you've fucked everything up and you cant live with booze and drugs, but you can't live without it.

All I can say is if you do something about it, your life will get better! I've seen it enough times and had it happened to me.

Definitely, I'm not saying Gnat shouldn't go, far from it, and I'd love to be a fly on the wall if they did start trying to shove religion down his throat, hopefully he'd find an unbiased group anyway.
Just wish people could leave their religion at home, the world would be a much better place.

Fuckin sex pistols mad