76 (edited by Guana 2014-04-16 14:42:22)

Re: 2punk4pos aka anus905

gnat wrote:

We're not every other site on the internet though, we've always been more laid back about banning and tolerance,

Yeah, thats what I was saying. I meant, look at how lenient and fair we've been; other sites wouldn't have given him even a second chance, but our philosophy is different here. I didn't mean, every other site knows how to handle this better than us.

I'm not going to hold anything against the guy if he wants to come back and not act like an asshole. But he brought this on himself, and if he continues to do the same disruptive things I'm not going to pretend not to be bothered just so he won't feel persecuted.

That's fine, as long as we're not the aggressors.

TheOmnipotentTortoise wrote:

That was even worse as it was a certain admin that was behaving like a child.

I know, hardly our finest moment

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Re: 2punk4pos aka anus905

TheOmnipotentTortoise wrote:
Guana wrote:
gnat wrote:

Its not really a mystery what his modus operandi is anymore guana. Remember when he was anus and had the same little temper tantrum, only last time he went into every single forum and about 20 different threads spamming the fuck out of them? He made some kind of personal comments last time too about someones family, because there was this same 'should we ban him' thread, and I remember saying the same thing about how attacks on family was crossing the line.

And no one complained about the actual content of his threads, all that was said was 'could you please put silly threads in troll and serious threads in serious discussions?' Then, he made the choice to blow the fuck up.

He had a clean slate last time and ended up doing the same thing again, so I say fuck him, and I dont feel badly at all about sniping at him in his absence. Every other forum on the internet would have just banned him straight away with no discussion.

We're not every other site on the internet though, we've always been more laid back about banning and tolerance, if someone fucks up badly then they get dealt with accordingly, but as Howling said, it's pointless giving him a months ban if we're going to behave the same when he comes back if we're given no justification, if he fucks up (and he probably will) then fine, get out the ban hammer and play whack-a-mole with every account he creates after that, but if he's goaded into fucking up then that's hardly justified.
If he just wanted to cause shit and get banned he could have done it a lot easier than he did, but he took the time to post a lot of threads and start a lot of conversations that weren't inflammatory, granted, the subjects of ghosts and spirituality aren't always going to go down too well on a site frequented by punks and he definitely over-reacted to counter-points that dismissed his opinions, but if he can keep his anger in check and play the same game as everyone else then he should be treated like everyone else, that's the whole point of giving him another chance and that's what the majority voted for.
Now I can't (and won't) tell you lot how to behave when/if he comes back, but I just don't want to see a repeat of the Max Tennessee episode because that looked really bad when certain members started kicking a bloke when he was down and couldn't retaliate.

That was even worse as it was a certain admin that was behaving like a child.

Amen to both points.