Re: do not post anything from crowd control media

crowdcontrolmedia wrote:

You want some sort of 'kudos' for organizing a site dedicated to piracy? You're nuts. lol

Knobhead ,I bought your “Who Knows” album years ago from a review in  Maximum Rocknroll but nowadays folk just download stuff and if they like it they buy it or sometimes they don't...anyway "The Authority! - Wreckage Of The Past" was in my mind a good a compilation,could have got you a few more fans but probably not now ,anyway sorry for uploading the torrent in the first place and all that...................

Well everyone has pretty much said everything i wanted to say...

Oh, Except...

UP DA PUNX FUCKERS!
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

mel_the_bell wrote:
Howling wrote:

Huh huh i nearly spat me beer out when i got to the simon cowell line, the people of what you would call dubious integrity here are the people i would call friends, or as close as you can get on the internet. These are the people i rest my elbow upon a metophorical bar and talk shit with, take an actual look around the site we occasionally talk about music in here "i know shocking isnt it" most of us have a wide and varied taste and over various incarnations of this site we have all turned each other on to numerous bands of which we otherwise would never of heard of.
Two members had heard of your band on here now if they had upped a torrent and it prooved popular then it could have been illegally downloaded by lets say as a nice round figure a 100 people, now out of this 100 people lets say 3 buy the album, 2 go to a show and 4 buy merch(money in your greasy pocket) now stretch it further out of those 100 people how many would be members of the various other punk sites we know of? They then take the upload and share it amongst those various sites where the cycle continues earning you extra pennys all the time...but you didnt do that, what you did was take your ball home and now we don't want play with you so there.

i wish youd remove that fuckin stupid compo piccie man, it makes me wanna giggle every time i see it tongue

after stopping giggling i thought id make a point

Crowd control seems to think its stealing, physically depriving him of his product
wrong
Crowd control seems to think if people cant download his music his cash will suddenly go up
wrong

take me, id never heard of the label, or bands, yes id download em, BUT these days they have to be a fuckin band i really love as my house is stuffed full of vinyl and cds, and my income aint much, so unless i really loved it i wouldnt be buying it, however thats not to say i havent bought stuff after illegally downloading, i have, ive also been to gigs and seen bands i dont own the music of on physical product
guess what, most of my music i buy these days comes from second hand anyway, cos i just cant afford brand new a lot, and guess what............you dont get fuckin paid again for that either tongue
but i guess youd be one up for banning second hand shops and charity shops, like some of the gaming companies want to do

I have another two cents.  I have had bands I wanted to buy albums from but lo and behold, they were no longer in print or available.  The only way I could get that music was through illegal downloads.  But, I ask, how could it be illegal if it is no longer for sale?  Is it the labels having their cake and eating it too?

And oddly enough, Sony created the idea of not being able to use second hand video games but abandoned the idea because it would likely kill their console sales but Microsoft seems to still be toying with it...

WEST HAM til I Die!!

...because microsoft blows and is always behind the times.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Well I'll give my 1 cent now. Can't afford two cents to be honest since I'm from the streets / working class and all that shite.
Anyways, I'd never heard of any of the bands on this dudes site before and to be honest the only place I ever would get to hear them would be by downloading them from here. But as others have said, I just won't bother now since he's been such a massive gentleman's sausage.

Every new band I have discovered in the last ten years I have discovered on sites like this and if the stuff is good then I will go out and buy it.  And on top of that I'll pass it on to my friends (none of which are into computers or downloading) who will usually end up buying it as well.
I mean seriously, down here in Australia where else are we going to ever hear this stuff. It's not even like we could walk into a record store and buy the shit of the shelf.

It's ironic because most of the people weighing in on this subject eg. myself, Guana, Mel , Lizard probably have 50 - 80 times more purchased music than 90% of the worlds population.......and we're supposedly the ones killing the music scene.

As stated before, we're the ones going to the gigs, buying the shirts / patches or other merch being sold there.
In saying that.....I have a few friends in bands on labels such as yours and my understanding is that the label has nothing to do with their shows, or merch sold at shows such as t shirts or patches pins and things. This profit goes straight to the bands themselves and is where all their money comes from.

So If this is the case with your label I can see why you wouldn't give a shit if a site like this brought 5 times more people to the bands shows, or resulted in 5 times more t shirt sales.....because that equates to jack shit in your deep pockets.

So anyways...I don't expect you'll be replying here in the near future......I imagine you're tied up in the bathroom at the moment thinking about Guana's comment about being in  the shower soaping up his bollocks. I know I lost a hour or so after reading that.

MY BOOTLEG DVD TRADE SITE
http://kimo13.webs.com/

56 (edited by Bacon 2014-05-21 10:16:14)

Every new band I have discovered in the last ten years I have discovered on sites like this and if the stuff is good then I will go out and buy it.

exfucking-zactly. If its shite, I delete it. been on a bit of vinyl spree since April lol...because of bands I heard here.

kimo wrote:

It's ironic because most of the people weighing in on this subject eg. myself, Guana, Mel , Lizard probably have 50 - 80 times more purchased music than 90% of the worlds population.......and we're supposedly the ones killing the music scene.

exactly, we just love music, and letting the world know about good music, we dont care how we get it, but if we do like then as a rule WE buy it, ive been buying music since the late 70s (pop ex 7"s anybody? tongue) as a rule i prefer the physical product, i love reading it, hearing it, touching it and sniffing it (erm or is that just me?) ill walk past my cd racks in the front room and touch one just cos i can lol

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

mel_the_bell wrote:
kimo wrote:

exactly, we just love music, and letting the world know about good music, we dont care how we get it, but if we do like then as a rule WE buy it, ive been buying music since the late 70s (pop ex 7"s anybody? tongue) as a rule i prefer the physical product, i love reading it, hearing it, touching it and sniffing it (erm or is that just me?) ill walk past my cd racks in the front room and touch one just cos i can lol

I can't sad
Decorated my front room couple of years back, boxed up all my cd's and vinyl and stuck them in the loft, ripped as much as I could first and I just play music through a Bowers and Wilkins speaker off an mp3 player. Still buy it so I've got a lot of new cd's and lp's knocking about. When my lad moves out I'm having his room as a music room but til then its in storage.

kimo wrote:

So anyways...I don't expect you'll be replying here in the near future......I imagine you're tied up in the bathroom at the moment thinking about Guana's comment about being in  the shower soaping up his bollocks. I know I lost a hour or so after reading that.

You lasted a whole hour this time?
Hope you're not going off me? sad

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Guana wrote:
mel_the_bell wrote:
kimo wrote:

I can't sad
Decorated my front room couple of years back, boxed up all my cd's and vinyl and stuck them in the loft, ripped as much as I could first and I just play music through a Bowers and Wilkins speaker off an mp3 player. Still buy it so I've got a lot of new cd's and lp's knocking about. When my lad moves out I'm having his room as a music room but til then its in storage.

kimo wrote:

dont worry fella ill touch one for you, which one shall i touch?

hard ons

ok ok i know, easy laugh lol

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

Its gonna be pretty crowded in kimos shower stall at this rate tongue

Fuckin sex pistols mad

mel_the_bell wrote:

as a rule i prefer the physical product, i love reading it, hearing it, touching it and sniffing it (erm or is that just me?) ill walk past my cd racks in the front room and touch one just cos i can lol

I'm the same, I often pull out he 12 inches  just to look at.

Guana wrote:
kimo wrote:

No  No....I did it 8 times.

That's ok then big_smile

Looks like we've got another homo-erotic thread, thanks for that crowdcontrol.

Fuckin sex pistols mad

And gnat didn't even wade in yet lol.

Howling wrote:

And gnat didn't even wade in yet lol.

nah, the euros and aussies took care of this one. i wasnt even on the site yet lol

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

It's been a while since we've had a good homo erotic thread on pos.

66 (edited by ℊnat 2014-05-23 16:28:09)

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001829231/521324720_45cb9_BigGayAl_answer_8_xlarge.jpeg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r272/azzawii_1992/Emoticons/gay-1.gif

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Yeah, let's see if crowdcontrol still wants to argue with us now we've got our pants off!

Fuckin sex pistols mad

Guana wrote:

Yeah, let's see if crowdcontrol still wants to argue with us now we've got our pants off!

Depends if you're sporting the skinhead look down below.