Topic: So kickass got smacked

not that it wasn't expected. Do we have any larger concerns out of these things? Or is it more of a wait and see what new rulings come out of the outcome sort of deal?

From the wreckage of humiliation
I got my self respect
I pulled myself together
What the hell did you expect

Re: So kickass got smacked

I would assume that here we're small enough to not even exist on anyone's radar.  KAT was pulling in millions in ad revenue, that coupled with the piracy is what gets them on the radar of the feds.  Plus, from perusing stories about the bust, dude who got caught just made some dumb moves. 

kat.am is already up.  It's a pretty complete mirror that I imagine will get full functionality soonish.  For anyone who is like me and relied on Nemesis43 for all your comic needs, I saw that he's uploading on demonoid.  Some bulk posts so far, not sure if he's planning on moving elsewhere.  The man is a god.

We are usually left alone for several reasons, but #1 is the main reason

1. WE DON'T ALLOW PRE-RELEASES!!!!

1 (b). See number 1

2. Punk bands generally are receptive to the exposure they get. We provide that. That's our genre. Each and every one of us can name a 100 bands or more we never would have heard if we didn't download it. The biggest example of that for me is Leatherface, as an American I would never have even heard of them if I hadnt talked to people on this forum and others. And when they finally came to the US a half dozen years ago or so, i knew every fucking word of every fucking song they played. Never would've happened without sites like this. And while I was at the show, I bought several shirts and talked to the singer for about a minute while he signed an album for me. They were here to play the FEST 7 in Gainesville and they played a one off show at the Skatepark of Tampa to make a few bucks a few days before the show, when the skatepark did the unofficial pre-FEST. Now there is an official pre-FEST and its in Ybor City but that's a whole other topic for another thread.

3. Any band that has any problem with having their music up, or any label for that matter, can ask us to remove it and we do, immediately. Punktorrents has similar concepts, they removed anything on MVD because MVD asked them to. We've only had one label ask us to remove stuff and we did, but I don't think they are around anymore. it was an Oi! label if I am not mistaken.

4. Movies and TV shows take precedent over music in the current law enforcement environment.

Private trackers are the way to go people, if you are going to download tv and movies. Especially to download them before the DVD is on sale. I got several warnings for my wife downloading Pretty Little Liars, of all shows, from a public site like KA or TPB before I figured out that silly show of all things was the reason. Now we just share my main private account.

By the way, people still use demonoid? Holy shit. I had a Suicidal Tendencies torrent up there from like 10 years ago that was still the main torrent people downloaded many many years later

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

demonoid resurfaced a year or two ago.  It's a shell of what it once was.  I just log in periodically to keep my account alive.  I don't even know how many people actively upload, but if you had an old account, it still might exist. 

I've always avoided downloading shows and movies.  Used to use sites like ninja video and ice films to satisfy all my needs.  Now I just watch a whole lot less.  My little brother downloaded fucking Zoo Tycoon and my mom got the angry warning letter from Comcast.  Funny thing is, that we owned it but the disc was just demolished, so technically it could fall under fair use, but that was probably 10 years ago.

Ick McWang wrote:

4. Movies and TV shows take precedent over music in the current law enforcement environment.

Not always true. Comcast is fickle with that shit since they've sent me warnings when I downloaded some albums you can't get in stores or is expensive on Amazon. Most recently, I downloaded 2 Stone Sour cds I use to have, that for some reason I wanted back and they sent me an email and started throttling my connection. It's pretty much luck with them, but they didn't seem to much care for more obscure music. To me, it seems they don't give much of a damn about books, anime, British tv, comics and mangas as I've never gotten a notice about those and I download those very frequently. Now I normally get my music from here or the Youtubes via this mp3 convert add-on for Firefox.

As for Kickass, the only reason I go there now was for comics which is why it's hit me hard. Yeah, yeah, to some downloading comics is "shunned" upon but when have I ever given a shit? Those things get pricey, especially is it's a special. Now, I've gotta scour torrent sites or wait days for uploads, when on Kickass there was this one uploader that was always on point with them; he'd have new ones up maybe later the same day it came out. Really, going all the way back to when Napster first hit and changed everything but they ruffled the frilly panties of the trollish Lars Ulrich. I think this is all so petty, to be honest but whatever.

So, with that being said, does anyone know of a good (comic) torrent site? I've got Torrentz and Pirate bay but it's just no hitting it.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

6 (edited by u.s.c.b. 2016-08-25 06:50:09)

Oh my the days of easily pirating are over in most cases, I joined torrent leech a few days ago figuring it'd be smarter to join a private tracker for tv shows and not brand new movies but recent one's and found out what nazis some pt's are! No free leech and your expected to come up with a ratio of .4 (Which of course is absolutely pointless seeing as how your just grabbing stuff to keep your head above water and not really getting anything you'd want) so with the war on the public sites coming (And man from every thing I've seen posted don't download game of thrones because H.B.O. seems to be handing D.M.C.A. letters against anybody who does these days) So I figure here in the next month or so I'm going to have to brake down and either pay for a decent vpn or just buy btguard.

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

For anyone into comics, Nemesis43 was posting on demonoid, but has moved to worldwidetorrents.eu  It was open registration when I joined up.  There isn't a lot up there right now, but if they're attracting huge uploaders like Nem, I imagine they might get some of the other regulars from kickass.

I don't worry about the downfall of torrent sites too much because I haven't torrented movies or TV for years.

Also anybody who does have vpn support or just doesn't give a fuck dx torrents has a KAT mirror but download at your risk as i'm sure the copyright trolls all ready know about it. The smartest thing this site does is not allow pre releases which is what this damn crack down is about anyway, If people would give up on the damn scene releases on public trackers it wouldn't have gone this far to begin with. In theory i could go to tpb or KAT and download 90's sitcoms all day or at the very least the brand new epi of something new but when you keep putting up blu-ray releases the first day there on the market of course the government is going to step in and try to shut you down!

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

u.s.c.b. wrote:

Oh my the days of easily pirating are over in most cases, I joined torrent leech a few days ago figuring it'd be smarter to join a private tracker for tv shows and not brand new movies but recent one's and found out what nazis some pt's are! No free leech and your expected to come up with a ratio of .4 (Which of course is absolutely pointless seeing as how your just grabbing stuff to keep your head above water and not really getting anything you'd want) so with the war on the public sites coming (And man from every thing I've seen posted don't download game of thrones because H.B.O. seems to be handing D.M.C.A. letters against anybody who does these days) So I figure here in the next month or so I'm going to have to brake down and either pay for a decent vpn or just buy btguard.

I disagree with your comments about TL. Keeping a ratio isn't hard at all if you keep your computer running. If you want a Pirate Bay style Hit-n-Run, download what you want and log out once its done, then you are absolutely looking in the wrong site.

What I myself want to know, is why I cant find Hard Knocks on a TV tracker. Maybe its that HBO thing starting out, like a feeler. HBO does Hard Knocks and GOT. And Ballers, as far as that goes, but that is a midseason filler show for HBO. But that is all over the internet, while GOT and Hard Knocks are not

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

10 (edited by u.s.c.b. 2016-08-28 20:03:39)

From what I've read about T.L. it's for some not all, Me i guess I've falling in the category of "not all" and I'm cool with that. Just as well i just started using tbites and it's right up my alley anyway as a beginner tracker (Not that I'm a beginner Besides P.o.s. I've been using pt's for over five years i just perfer the one's with more laid back ratio and client rules) the free leech is in effect on packs so i can bulid a decent rep catching up on old cartoons and sitcom series.

So, with that being said, does anyone know of a good (comic) torrent site?

If you're looking still Bettie, All4nothin is a great place to find great comic rips (least it was whenever i was using last before my account expired) The downside is you have to use there client and can't use utorrent or anything else which i won't do because it's not worth the hassel (at least to me anyway) They also have a bit of a bad rep for crashes and being hacked once or twice but I've used there sister sites xpw and xwt for years without any problems so i imagine there running better now.