Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

^ive read that before too

PM Me if You Need A Reseed on Anything I Downloaded or Uploaded

Ick McWang wrote:
u.s.c.b. wrote:

Myke Hideous i always thought would have been a full time singer after hearing some of the live boots over the years, Peter Steele was one of there first choices back in 95 but turned them down (That prolly would have  made there fans from the late 70's and early 80's not bitch so much but then what would us forum losers have to argue about? smile

I just read today that Michale Graves had never heard of, or listened to, the Misfits until a couple days before his audition for the band. His agent got him all the essential albums, and he devoured them for days before the audition, and by all accounts was just far better than anyone else who auditioned

That's true from what I've heard graves say before, And i think Dr. chud was working in Jerry only's machine shop is how he got the drumming gig. Myke hideous was a fill in for graves for a short time when graves left while he was still there singer (No one really knows why he left as both sides seem to be huge liars so there were several stories going around) Both Peter steele from type o negative and the dude who sings for the damned (Not a damned fan couldn't tell ya the guys name) were rumored to both be asked by Jerry and Doyal upon the bands return and both said no figuring it prolly wasn't worth the time away from there all ready established bands.

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

From the interviews with both Danzig and Only that ive seen it seems like Only is a super nice guy and Danzig is a bit of an arrogant ass. But considering their troubled relationship in addition to Graves and Only's spotty relationship I cant imagine Only is as nice behind closed doors as his persona on camera makes him out to be. That being said I tend to think Danzig has been the bigger problem in preventing reunions.

It might be an unpopular opinion but I think Graves era Misfits is pretty awesome. Not as good as original but its still some high quality music. Also I don't hate the Jerry Only Misfits albums. Cant say I really listen to them but when I heard it I didnt think it was bad.

"I pop punk, not pills"

i like the graves era misfits better than the old stuff, i like the original lineup albums even though they sound like they were recorded in an underwater garbage dumpster, but the graves songs are by far my favorite

PM Me if You Need A Reseed on Anything I Downloaded or Uploaded

I think a lot of people liked the graves era it's just when they came back people really just wanted them to take off from where they left off. I almost have no problem seeing a good side to all versions of them as i even thought even Jerry only did a great job on project 1950 and did some good on the new e.p. just think his song writing is very bland. I really just find myself thinking out of any version of them at the end of the day if anyone other than Glenn would have been singing back in '79 they more than likely would be just another horror punk band and not the phenom they are right now.

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson