Re: HANDHELD GAMERS OF POS UNITE!

Bettie_Rage wrote:
addicted wrote:
Bettie_Rage wrote:

I got it half right anyway. I reserved MGS 5 then cancelled it to get farcry so I don't really care about a new one anymore; I don't have the money for these damn games and comics are an expensive habit. The next game I want is Dying Light, but I think there are some other games coming out that are also available on ps3/360. Still kinda want RE: HD just because I just want it. I think Silent Hills is coming out for my consoles, that sounds good.

I'll stick to it and repeat it as often as I like: as soon as nintendo releases a handheld with the graphics of the WiiU controller then I'd go broke buying it. With a worthwhile game list to boot. Don't be like the vita...have some decent games ready at launch and then just keep them coming.

It's exponentially much more expensive to develop games for the vita than it is the 3ds. I don't have any actual stats, I'll link it later.
But considering the cost to develop and the slow, if not, completely nonexistent adoption rate for the vita, studios don't want to take that financial risk to develop a game that in all likelihood will flop.
Look at sony even, they stop developing for the damn handheld.

YEAH I know, I know but still. My brother got a vita, even though I told him not too, and he NEVER plays it. He maybe played it 3 times in total and he's had it for years. I was like damn if you just wanted to throw away all that money, could've gave it to me. He did promise me his 3DS is he gets the XL but for now I'm good with my DS he gave me. He pitied me trying to play pokemon on my literally busted Gameboy sp lol.

I want to buy a vita. Coupled with a greater support for remote play/cross-buy/cross-play from the ps4, and larger studios announcing games for the handheld, 2015 looks like a great year for sony and the vita.

But until now, it's been largely a $200 indie hub for gaming.
Not worth it.

On the other hand, when i bought my 3ds xl and pokemon x, i wasn't even slightly disappointed. Best $240 i ever spent.
And monster hunter is great too.
And zelda.
Animal crossing. big_smile

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Just bought the New 3DS XL.

Such an improvement over the original XL... I honestly don't know how I managed without it. Haha

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

addicted wrote:

Just bought the New 3DS XL.

Such an improvement over the original XL... I honestly don't know how I managed without it. Haha

Right?! I LOVE mine in all it's Persona glory. I just need to get more games, preferably of the Pokemon variety.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

I haven't seen you online once since i got it. Lol

And sun/moon come out november 18th.

Get or/as if you already havent

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

addicted wrote:

Yeah,  I know sad. I finished Pokemon Y and there's just nothing else to do on there lol! You beat the Elite Four and do all that boring extra shit and then that's it! Of course they STILL don't allow you to have multiple game saves and my brother gave me all these awesome Pokemon so I don't want to restart and lose them all. The only non-Pokemon game I "have" in my case is my brother's Smash Bros. game and it's so tiny that I just don't want to play the damn game. I don't really have the money to go get any new games either since they're just as goddamn expensive as a major console game, even used!

Actually, I've been playing my PSP a lot lately. When did you get it anyway? I haven't turned it on in maybe a few weeks now. I am so excited for Sun/Moon, though. Usually, my brother gets one and I get the other when Pokemon does that.

Bettie_Rage wrote:
addicted wrote:

Yeah,  I know sad. I finished Pokemon Y and there's just nothing else to do on there lol! You beat the Elite Four and do all that boring extra shit and then that's it! Of course they STILL don't allow you to have multiple game saves and my brother gave me all these awesome Pokemon so I don't want to restart and lose them all. The only non-Pokemon game I "have" in my case is my brother's Smash Bros. game and it's so tiny that I just don't want to play the damn game. I don't really have the money to go get any new games either since they're just as goddamn expensive as a major console game, even used!

Actually, I've been playing my PSP a lot lately. When did you get it anyway? I haven't turned it on in maybe a few weeks now. I am so excited for Sun/Moon, though. Usually, my brother gets one and I get the other when Pokemon does that.

Pokebank, a $5 application available in the 3DS eShop, will fix that "no multiple save slots" issue. You can transfer pokemon to the pokebank servers and pull them back out into whatever pokemon game you want (gen 5 and up, so BW/BW2/XY/ORAS and eventually Sun/Moon.

If you're bored with XY maybe you could start playing competitively?

I'm on every other day at least.

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

addicted wrote:
Bettie_Rage wrote:
addicted wrote:

Pokebank, a $5 application available in the 3DS eShop, will fix that "no multiple save slots" issue. You can transfer pokemon to the pokebank servers and pull them back out into whatever pokemon game you want (gen 5 and up, so BW/BW2/XY/ORAS and eventually Sun/Moon.

If you're bored with XY maybe you could start playing competitively?

I'm on every other day at least.

Seriously? I can fucking DO that? So THAT'S wtf a Pokeback is lol. I wondered what that was since it always popped up when I'm scrolling through the eShop. I need to get more points then since I only have $.56 in that account lol. Some of those Pokemon were a pain in the asshole to catch and was basically mostly by luck. But I really do hope they eventually fix that save slot thing, I know a lot of people who want that. After you beat the game, what else is there to do aside from the side "quests".

I'm not sure how competitive Pokemon playing works; I guess it's a gym type thing? I've never considered playing anything competitively, actually, even though both my brother and I could probably do pretty well at it. Only problem is, I'm not a team player lol. I've always been the casual player for fun BUT if there's some extra cash in it then that's not a bad idea.

LOL every time I'm on, it looks like you're always on like 12 hours before I was. I'm usually alternating between my 3DS and wearing out my Genesis collection game on the PSP.

58 (edited by addicted 2016-07-27 01:40:03)

Bettie_Rage wrote:

Seriously? I can fucking DO that? So THAT'S wtf a Pokeback is lol. I wondered what that was since it always popped up when I'm scrolling through the eShop. I need to get more points then since I only have $.56 in that account lol. Some of those Pokemon were a pain in the asshole to catch and was basically mostly by luck. But I really do hope they eventually fix that save slot thing, I know a lot of people who want that. After you beat the game, what else is there to do aside from the side "quests."

I'm not sure how competitive Pokemon playing works; I guess it's a gym type thing? I've never considered playing anything competitively, actually, even though both my brother and I could probably do pretty well at it. Only problem is, I'm not a team player lol. I've always been the casual player for fun BUT if there's some extra cash in it then that's not a bad idea.

LOL every time I'm on, it looks like you're always on like 12 hours before I was. I'm usually alternating between my 3DS and wearing out my Genesis collection game on the PSP.

Pokebank remedies the save slot issue.
You can transfer whatever pokemon you want to keep to that app (you can literally upload thousands and thousands) and restart your game. I don't know why anyone would want to keep a save slot for any other reason than the bad-ass pokemon they've acquired. Lol.

Hell, in X/Y and OR/AS, they've even added post-game "quest(s)."

There's a shit-ton of stuff to do post-game.
A lot of it requires beating the main story to even start it (like catching legendaries, acquisition of the national dex and items that made shiny hunting/breeding "easier").
E.g. X/Y post-game you can start battling at the Battle Maison for BP which you can turn around to buy special items with that aid in battling and breeding.
You can catch the legendaries (Mewtwo, Zygarde, and one of the three legendary birds depending on your chosen starter (Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno).
You can complete the national dex (catch literally all of the pokemon).
Or you can start breeding perfect iv pokemon to start battling competitively.

Competitive battling in pokemon is analogous to ranked competitive matches in battlefield or call of duty or counter-strike. There are two types of organized play, player-organized (e.g. Smogon tournaments) and officially sponsored tournaments (VCG tournaments).

You will not do well competitively without perfectly breeding for specific iv's (individual stat values) and ev (effort values) training accordingly.

E.g. a Venasaur spread I found on some website:

Venusaur @ Venusaurite

Ability: Chlorophyll

Level: 50

EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 60 SAtk / 52 SDef / 68 Spd

Bold Nature

IVs: 0 Atk (the rest are all 31 or perfect IV's)

- Giga Drain

- Sludge Bomb

- Sleep Powder

- Protect

Competitive play emphasizes team building, perfectly bred/trained pokemon, and a deep understanding of type advantages/disadvantages.

It seems incredibly complicated at first, but it's not.
It's fun.

EDIT: Has anyone played Monster Hunter Generations yet?
I'm hearing really good things. The demo was fun. Plus, SNES games are finally being released on the 3DS. About to buy Earthbound as I type. lol

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Mewtwo was oddly easy for me to catch without a Master ball, but Nintendo has been having their Pokemon celebration where you can get some "rare" Pokemon simply by getting a free card from Gamestop or, even easier, via the internet on the 3DS. That's how I got a Mew and I loove him.

REALLY?!?! What games are they releasing or is there a link you can give me? I HOPE HOPE HOPE, though it's wishful thinking, that Starfox is among them. Not that new bullshit but I'm talking SNES version. That, tied with Starfox 64, is my favorite game of all time. The Second is Vectorman (2).

The legendaries are extremely easy to catch in X/Y.

Open up your eShop app and you'll be able to select the available SNES games. I'm at work. Sorry, no links haha.

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Who's excited for Pokemon Sun/Moon!?

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

addicted wrote:

Who's excited for Pokemon Sun/Moon!?

ME neutral neutral

I keep forgetting to get Pokemon Bank so I can replay Y and train some different pokemon. Instead I blew the card on Earthworm Jim and Kirby Dream Land. I never did beat Earthworm Jim on both PC and gamegear.

Man, I have the first Kirby on the original Game Boy

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

i havent seen this thread before, but i totally still play my Gameboy advance, from pokemon red and blue, to the leaf green/fire red remakes, the kirby games, golden sun, kirby, zelda, love those games, they never get old

PM Me if You Need A Reseed on Anything I Downloaded or Uploaded