Re: TV Shows

im liking the new season of walking dead so far, and ash vs evil dead is next on my list

PM Me if You Need A Reseed on Anything I Downloaded or Uploaded

177 (edited by DavieBhoy1969 2015-11-02 18:04:10)

Ash vs Evil Dead......................It was groovy!

"Hear a punk rock song and we sing along......everything gonna be alright" - Rancid

maverick wrote:

im liking the new season of walking dead so far

Me too.

[spoiler]

I wonder how many people were pissed the last episode was entirely about Morgan and didn't answer the Glenn question.

An episode like that is what we/they in the industry call a bottle episode. Its an episode that uses only one, or very few, sets (this one, two- the woods, and that house with the cage) and use as few main actors as possible to save money in the budget for the big episodes (cgi and shit is expensive, tons of zombies are expensive, having all the main characters costs big money). Im sure Morgan makes a pittance compared to Rick Carol or Glenn, and the guest star guy probably doesnt make much either.

or just read this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bottle_episode
If you watched Breaking Bad, the season 3 episode called Fly where its just Heisenberg and Jesse in that lab and there is a fly pissing them off the whole episode... classic bottle episode. Only one set, and only two actors the whole episode. No special effects

[/spoiler]

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

DavieBhoy1969 wrote:

Ash vs Evil Dead......................It was groovy!

EEEEEEheehehhehehehehhehehe! I also loved seeing Lucy Lawless because I had flashbacks of my Xena days with Bruce as Autolycus, which was my other favorite character on the show aside from Xena and Callisto. Ah the days when tv didn't royally suck.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Just started watching Jessica Jones and Daredevil..and I'm in love.

botte episode or no, i kinda enjoyed the morgan epidose, obvious filler but they still did a decent job and fleshed out his character a bit more. I just got back from the bush tonight and am looking forward to catching up

PM Me if You Need A Reseed on Anything I Downloaded or Uploaded

maverick wrote:

botte episode or no, i kinda enjoyed the morgan epidose, obvious filler but they still did a decent job and fleshed out his character a bit more. I just got back from the bush tonight and am looking forward to catching up

i dont care what every normal fan says, as a scriptwriter and a fan of the show, the Morgan episode was one of the best episodes they have aired. Doesnt mean the common fan will like it, just means I am like... wow,... and I have been taught to write this shit.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

I've just finished watching all eight seasons of the newhart show on youtube! "Hi i'm Larry, This is my brother Darell this is my other brother Darell" (*sigh* ask your pappy, He'll tell you how funny it was)

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

u.s.c.b. wrote:

I've just finished watching all eight seasons of the newhart show on youtube! "Hi i'm Larry, This is my brother Darell this is my other brother Darell" (*sigh* ask your pappy, He'll tell you how funny it was)

I love Bob Newhart, especially on when he's on Big Bang. It's so awesome.

Bettie_Rage wrote:
u.s.c.b. wrote:

I love Bob Newhart, especially on when he's on Big Bang. It's so awesome.

Yeah, Professor proton is awesome! I love how him and Jim Parsons work together  (Parsons prolly being the best trained actor on tv today) The best thing about Newhart was the chemistry Bob had with the other actors one the show like Tom Poston (god rest his soul) as the maintenance man who didn't know a whole hell of alot about life and William Sanderson, who like Bob Newhart has never changed the tempo of his voice in anything he's ever done but still manages to be great in every role he plays (Mike and molly,sometimes they come back, blade runner ect*) getting back to Parsons thou, I'm sure once the theory wraps up he go to Broadway which he should because he'll be typecast as Sheldon for at least a good ten years after and he's way to talented for that.

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

186 (edited by tacothecheese 2016-06-11 12:50:18)

Anyone watch Robert Kirkman's (The Walking Dead) new show Outcast? First episode is up on YT for free.

Seems promising!

tacothecheese wrote:

Anyone watch Robert Kirkman's (The Walking Dead) new show Outcast? First episode is up on YT for free.

Seems promising!

I haven't seen it yet, but I have it in my couch-tuner list. I use to read the comics then I just stopped. They're not bad and I don't really remember why I did. I liked the premise of it, though. I hear the show is pretty good.

188 (edited by u.s.c.b. 2016-07-03 02:51:20)

Been watchin dateline again and that show makes me paranoid as fuck for searching the internet for anything! It seems if you've even breathed you could be convicted by that show alone I mean fuck, If you're out going then on the show you had a "mysterious dark side that no one ever knew about" and if you're the quit keep to yourself type in dateline world you're "An angry loner who was to despondent to accept life as everyone else knows it" plus it doesn't help Keith Morrison has a deep voice that could make anyone doing anything sound guilty "What she didn't know was her husband, the man she trusted in loved like puppies, As a matter of fact he stopped by a pet store twice a day just to look breath the same air as the outlandish creatures!"  (well that's all i need to hear, throw the fucker in jail!)

Looking forward to this! July 15th.

PunBB bbcode test

^ yep! Me too

Also the new season of mr robot is starting
Still need to watch peaky blinders season 3 too

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

I just watched the trailer for Stranger Things and was transfixed.  The wife and I still need to finish season one of Mr. Robot.  I rewatched all but the last two.  We cut our cable before the finale aired, and USA just recently got a roku channel that we sign into with her mom's cable account. 

We've been plowing through Unreal.  It's kind of like a behind the scenes on The Bachelor type show that is actually pretty good.  And different in that it's a drama that isn't a period piece, about cops, doctors, or lawyers, and isn't a melodrama.  Plus when your lead is that human girl from Roswell, my WB high school nostalgia kicks in hard.

Been watching Casual every Tuesday...
I'm kinda obsessed with it. It's my "soap opera." lol
Just, imho, much better quality.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

so what did you guys think about Stranger Things? I loved it. It was like watching a Stephen King short story with awesome actors directed by Spielberg in his prime.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

I'm obsessed with Preacher right now. It's very different from the comics, that I haven't actually read in over 10 years, but it does the changes right. Unfortunately, It's executive produced by Seth Rogen but I think both Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon who created the comic series. It's getting a lot of repetitive hate from comic "purists" who are always opposed to any sort of change and basically just want a page-by-page adaptation and people who don't know shit about it and just want to complain about something. I like how it accommodates for those who are new to the characters and have never read the comic so you don't feel lost. I loooove my comics but also like some change and this show, I feel, does it right.

Still haven't watched Outcast though. I frequently hear that it's slow and boring currently, which is kinda in line with the comic and probably why I stopped reading them.

The newer line-up of fall sitcoms has been off to a 50/50 start for me anyway, The big bang theory i feel has jumped the shark and unless it picks up i feel might have seen it's better days. Modern family has been decent it's first few ep's and has gone back to it's original "being socially rude for laughs" formula which made me fall in love with which was far better than them trying to turn it into an almost really tacky drama comedy they did last year and of course the blacklist has been great in it's first few shows (Glad to see there giving the other characters good story lines so far this season because James Spader is great but couldn't continue to carry the whole show on his back it's entire run)

New season of Ash vs. Evil Dead is going and now my life is focused. DAMMIT I love that show! It's definitely one show that does justice to the movie, probably because Raimi is actually involved in it.