Topic: I got a real job...now its time to get my shit together

Just landed a job developing educational programs for the local astronomy museum. Gonna be full time with benefits, $15 an hour pay and a set 9-5 schedule. The job seems awesome and the people Im gonna be working with seem cool as hell. I've been telling myself for years that once I get myself a 9-5 that I enjoy i'll stop smoking and drinking on an almost daily basis. This all starts next week. Time to see if lack of job satisfaction is whats driven me to drink and smoke or if its just because my Irish and Polish ancestry basically hardwired me to be an alcoholic. Wish me luck...

"I pop punk, not pills"

Re: I got a real job...now its time to get my shit together

Here's to hoping your new job keeps you happy and sober, good luck.

All the best mate! Hope it works for you/ Quite envious that you have such a great job

I wish you all the best smile

sounds good bro, there are a lot of changes going on at my work that is making me consider other employment, so i may be joining you in the job hunting/ new job activity

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Time to see if lack of job satisfaction is whats driven me to drink and smoke

You really don't have to change anything just don't get high in the parking lot before work, good luck sox's!

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Ive only done that once and decided never again. Being high in public is just miserable for me lol  My goal is no more cigarettes and limit the alcohol to weekends. Not just for my health but now I can hopefully start saving money to take another trip to Europe. I feel like Scotland is calling me with the pound/dollar exchange rate being the most favorable for Americans in decades.

"I pop punk, not pills"

Do what makes you happy

What else is there?

chisox100 wrote:

Just landed a job developing educational programs for the local astronomy museum. Gonna be full time with benefits, $15 an hour pay and a set 9-5 schedule. The job seems awesome and the people Im gonna be working with seem cool as hell. I've been telling myself for years that once I get myself a 9-5 that I enjoy i'll stop smoking and drinking on an almost daily basis. This all starts next week. Time to see if lack of job satisfaction is whats driven me to drink and smoke or if its just because my Irish and Polish ancestry basically hardwired me to be an alcoholic. Wish me luck...

Love ya, bro.
Congratulations. smile

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

How's not drinking?

A fair question, and one I am exploring myself lately. Hows by you Chi?

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Still drinking. Just not by myself on the nights before working. Definetly in a better spot with that. Showing up to work not tired beyond all belief is quite refreshing. Still smoking my 1-2 daily cigarettes which i'm now telling myself i'll stop once i'm in a better routine with the new job and not stressed about whether im learning quick enough...kinda just kicking that can further down the road, like usual.

"I pop punk, not pills"

ive tried taking a break from the sauce for a bit now but unless i stay really busy, either working 14+ hour days or doing lots of projects around the house, i always end up having at least a beer or two a night

PM Me if You Need A Reseed on Anything I Downloaded or Uploaded