Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

yb wrote:

October- I have saw Against Me! and Bad Religion.  Since Laura turned into a Transgender her music has been atrocious and she doesn't seem to  care much for her old fans; hardly plays any of the classics. A lot of her new fans are fucking weird. 

Bad religion made up for the  shitty opener with a killer set.

Saw strung out, and some other bands I didn't know who opened for Pennywise in Baltimore. Fun times. Pennywise is always a blast.


November: SAMIAM!

December: Off With Their Heads and the Bouncing Souls. Looking forward to this.

Been a real good FALL so far.

My best friend Jason went to the Florida show and said pretty much the same thing as far as Against Me!. And this is a dude who has seen Against Me! when he was playing in laundromats in Gainesville, so he isnt some recent fanboy.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

http://cdn2.gigantic.com/static/images/campaign/400x400/the_damned-4756536817.jpg

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

Ick McWang wrote:
yb wrote:

October- I have saw Against Me! and Bad Religion.  Since Laura turned into a Transgender her music has been atrocious and she doesn't seem to  care much for her old fans; hardly plays any of the classics. A lot of her new fans are fucking weird. 

Bad religion made up for the  shitty opener with a killer set.

Saw strung out, and some other bands I didn't know who opened for Pennywise in Baltimore. Fun times. Pennywise is always a blast.


November: SAMIAM!

December: Off With Their Heads and the Bouncing Souls. Looking forward to this.

Been a real good FALL so far.

My best friend Jason went to the Florida show and said pretty much the same thing as far as Against Me!. And this is a dude who has seen Against Me! when he was playing in laundromats in Gainesville, so he isnt some recent fanboy.

I just wish they'd start calling their new projects something other than Against Me! and hang that name up. Or go back to writing music that doesn't sound too much like stadium rock. I saw them a few years back in a smaller venue and the show was amazing, but mostly because of all the old fans and the energy they brought. Now, shit. NPR streamed their most recent release, and that says it all. Saddens me to think that what they're doing now is counteractive to what Against Me! used to be about, or that people are discovering a band that once released DIY masterpieces through their newer mediocre (to say the least) music.

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

flower owl wrote:

I just wish they'd start calling their new projects something other than Against Me! and hang that name up.

Well then how am I to lord my superior music taste over plebs if I can't say "I liked the old Against Me!"

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

rudy.peux wrote:
flower owl wrote:

I just wish they'd start calling their new projects something other than Against Me! and hang that name up.

Well then how am I to lord my superior music taste over plebs if I can't say "I liked the old Against Me!"

You just wear a Reinventing Axl Rose shirt to the show of whatever the new project is called, and tell all the people there you knew Her when she was Him.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif