Re: Movies

lizard wrote:
Bacon wrote:

Why? Because it is based on the next book after trainspotting..good enough for me.

yeah there is that.

ah well fuck me I haven't been on my reading, didnt realize there was a second book. Well then why not, lets get the gang back together

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

This was really fun:

228 (edited by Bettie_Rage 2016-11-13 22:13:44)

maverick wrote:

saw hardcore henry, i really enjoyed it, supreme entertainment

That movie has been sitting on my computer since it came out and I still haven't watched it.

Finally saw Suicide Squad, i downloaded it, and it lived up to my extremely low expectations. It's not horrible but not that good and it's watchable if anything. I would say it's mediocre at best. Will Smith wasn't bad but he wasn't Deadshot, he was Will Smith. I didn't see the point in having Croc since they barely used him for anything until the end of the movie; I couldn't take him seriously at all with that watered down design. The movie's main focus was Margot and Will, with no focus on the other characters at all. There was some real potential with Katana, Croc, and Boomerang. No point in having Rick Flagg their either. The movie was a mess, to be honest. it was all over the goddamn place. Viola was a spot ON Amanda Waller, though and Leto wasn't a bad Joker even though I still completely hate his design, especially that dumbass smile tattooed on his hand and "damaged". but whatever. Leto did say that they cut a lot of his scenes, which tells me that they either didn't have much faith that he could pull it off or they wanted to only focus on Smith and Margot. I HAAAATE that Chavo "died" in the end but I guess they thought it would fit with his character. Chavo is a rich and dynamic character who often served as the "conscience" of the team with Harley being rather fond of him. Having Enchantress as the villain was just lame and made it even more boring. As for Margot, she absolutely gave me a lady boner with her Harley but she kept breaking the "accent", which wasn't all that great to begin with. She was a good Harley, I guess, but she could have done better and really let loose with her, which she didn't. This is trivial, but I don't give a shit, but the heels were a stupid addition. Harley rarely wears heels and the last time she did were relatively low ones on her boots in one variation of her classic look, she mostly wears combat boots. Those stilettos weren't functional and Margot looked goofy trying to run in them. I did like the brief homage to the Joker/Harley classic style cover, though with her in her original 90s outfit. Overall, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but it wasn't even close to being good.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Bettie the only people I know that like the movie are huge DC fanboys who basically accept any movie as gold if it is in high def and looks pretty. Glad for the honest review, it's been pretty low on my list, if for no other reason than my DC experience is pretty limited and going with such a niche book to turn into a movie seemed a bit odd to me.  But I suppose with the popularity of the Deadpool movie they hoped they could pull off something similar in the antihero vein.

currently watching scum

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

231 (edited by u.s.c.b. 2016-12-01 03:04:05)

Damn stomach flu got me going nowhere and leading towards me at the 80's and 90's end of the fuckin imdb again! The last few nights it's been streets of fire, Down and out in Beverly hills, Extreme Prejudice, Southern comfort (Love this fuckin movie) steak out, new jack city, trespass, and i finally got around to seeing wrong man w/John Lightow which was pretty damn good but really other than silent fall there aren't to many bad J.L. movies out there.

Prolly won't go see bad santa 2 until i get a free version of it as it seems anything I've read so far as it being listed as a cash cow that took to long to come out and you're really just payin the six bucks to hear b.b.t say fuck for two hours with a good Kathy Bates line every now and again ( when will Hollywood learn sequels shouldn't be made after five years?)

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

u.s.c.b. wrote:

Damn stomach flu got me going nowhere and leading towards me at the 80's and 90's end of the fuckin imdb again! The last few nights it's been streets of fire, Down and out in Beverly hills, Extreme Prejudice, Southern comfort (Love this fuckin movie) steak out, new jack city, trespass, and i finally got around to seeing wrong man w/John Lightow which was pretty damn good but really other than silent fall there aren't to many bad J.L. movies out there.

Lol that is a mix of movies.

My least favorite Lithgow was Raising Cain. Favorite has to be Ricochet. Just bookmarked Wrong Man.

rudy.peux wrote:
u.s.c.b. wrote:

Lol that is a mix of movies.

My least favorite Lithgow was Raising Cain. Favorite has to be Ricochet. Just bookmarked Wrong Man.

Yeah i forgot about Raising Cain, That was pretty bad and in the end looked like a school film directed by someone finishing acting school. Wrong man is on youtube for reason and hasn't been takin down for copyright laws (They edit out some of the music thou with the claim of "edited due to legal reasons" or some shit)

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Figured I'd bumped this thread up a bit, So who the fucks excited about the batman lego's movie? I was pumped to begin with now that i saw Rosario Dawson from clerks 2 is in it I'm even more pumped! She killed it in that movie and what's even better to wait for is the fact that I'm willing to bet that  Zach Galifianakis does a better job as the lego joker then Jared Leto did in suicide squad! Speaking of clerks I've been watching the Kevin Smith collection the last few nights (Mall rats/chasing Amy/clerks/clerks 2) and see that there still filming clerks three and not sure if i think it's going to be any good, It's rare a sequel lives up to expectations like c2 did twelve years after the original (Which is still in I'd say my top twenty list of all time best movies I've ever seen) and kinda feel like they should just leave it alone (Bah at least we might get to see Ethan Suplee from my name is Earl act like a dumb ass, That's usually worth the price of admission to Kevin smith movies alone)

^I don't follow Kevin Smith much anymore. His last few have looked... different... But he's doing a Mallrats 2 as well. Fuck knows why. I actually liked Clerks 2 just as much as 1 so I'm down for another one.

My last movie was Manchester By The Sea. All Kenneth Lonergan movies are just people being all sad and yelling at eachother but I love them.

I don't follow Kevin Smith much anymore. His last few have looked... different...

My guess is because he started changing things and taking more suggestions from the studios over the years than when he was doing the earlier movies, If that's true i couldn't blame him because it pays a bigger production budget to listen to the studio then the almost movie student budget he was working with when he did the first clerks on his breaks and days off (at the time he worked at the same video store randy works at in the movie and had to shoot when the place was shut down at night) But i am glad he did shun off Miramax as much as possible in the early days because there plans were to replace  Jason Mewes with Seth Green in mall rats (That would have been the most annoying fucking thing ever!) and they wanted David Swimmer and Drew Berrymore for chasing Amy (Maybe Berrymore would have turned out all right for that movie but the idea of Swimmer being in it gives me a new found respect For Affleck's performance)

he's doing a Mallrats 2 as well. Fuck knows why

Heard rumors that it wasn't coming out but they were thinking about doing a tv show instead, Either or if Jason Lees not in it who the fuck cares?

I got to go see La La Land over my xmas vacation in Maryland. I absolutely loved it. It was a beautiful musical that was shot to feel like it was made for the stage. There were a lot of long beautiful tracking shots and Gosling was actually playing piano. It was heavily influenced by old films in the feel, pacing, and script. Maybe it's because I grew up watching Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, but I had so much fun.

The wife and I are going to try to go see Hidden Figures next weekend, because one of the actual NASA computers is going to speak at her work. I'm super jealous, but it's on base, so I can't go.

I'm excited as hell because there doing a sequel to i spit on your grave, not the newer one's but the one from the seventies! That's awesome in the decade of the rewrite there actually doing a full blooded sequel to a b-rated classic (A bit of sarcasm with the "classic" But still thou one hell of a b-rated concept for the 70's which i thought was pulled off perfectly for the budget and the actors who went one to do almost nothing movie wise with there lives) The plot from what i read seems promising and there using the actor Camille Keaton from the first one and using the premise of putting her on trial for the murders she committed in the original. I'll stay optimistic to if it will suck or not because it seems like it might be a good movie!

Mallrats 2 will now be a TV show. The original cast had all signed on for the movie, so hopefully they stay for the TV show. I think it's planned to be 10 episodes long.

As for Clerks 3, I'm pretty sure it's on the backburner for now. He's gonna do Moose Jaws next to finish out his True North Trilogy.

Kevin's years of listening to studios ended after Cop Out. Everything that he's done since then he's done his own way. He got Red State funded himself and brought it on tour instead of going through the traditional distribution system and he's followed a similar path with Tusk and Yoga Hosers.

I think the biggest reason for his change in style is that he started smoking weed all the time. He's lost a lot of his edge since he became a stoner and I think his work has suffered for it.

Anyways, I've been watching a ton of horror lately.

Hell House LLC is probably the best found footage movie since Blair Witch. I highly reccomend it. The genre's become pretty stale and downright awful in a lot of cases, but this one is executed perfectly.

You're Next is a great home invasion type movie. I checked it out because the director of the new Blair Witch movie (meh) did it and it's solid. If you like The Purge or stuff of that ilk, definitely check it out.

From the Dark is an Irish movie about vampires. it's really well done too. I'd reccomend it to any fans of horror.