Re: Drugs & Alcohol

chisox100 wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:
chisox100 wrote:

Illinois is probably still 5-10 years away from legalizing. Im banking on a more liberal state like Minnesota or Wisconsin legalizing it sooner so I only having to make the occasional field trip to a legal dispensary rather than deal with the black market.

Hey, if Florida can legalize it, overwhelmingly I might add (over 70%), then just about any state can

Florida legalized? Or just medical? We've had medical for like two years. Its pretty strict though so I cant claim my back hurts or i have migraines and get edibles.

Just medical for now, although the language, in my eyes, can be ambiguous on what the definition of a "debilitating illness can be outside of these that are specifically mentioned

The legal language of Amendment 2 was written to explicitly allow medical marijuana to be provided as a treatment for patients with the following specific diseases:

cancer
epilepsy
glaucoma
HIV
AIDS
post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
Crohn's disease
Parkinson's disease
multiple sclerosis
Amendment 2 was also designed to allow licensed physicians to certify patients for medical marijuana use after diagnosing them with some "other debilitating medical conditions of the same kind or class as or comparable to those enumerated."

Current status of Florida medical marijuana
The Florida government enacted the Compassionate Medical Cannabis Act of 2014 and it became effective on January 1, 2015. The program allowed for access to non-smoked, low-THC marijuana for qualified patients.

So we had the non-smoked, low thc medical pills for people with like 3 months to live or whatever for a couple years now. Now it will be full blown smoked marijuana, but it wont be as easy to get a card as in some states.

Reading between the lines, our Republican dominated State Senate is not too happy about having to do this, but that's why we had to make it an amendment. They would never have done it otherwise. It sounds to me like they are going to write the language to make it as ass-backward as they can

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Re: Drugs & Alcohol

Trump's beliefs don't matter. Everyone he's putting up for cabinet positions are people who believe in the exact opposite of things he's said, and what their respective departments stand for. He wouldn't put them in power if he didn't want them to just work autonomously on whatever they want. He wants to be a figure head, and couldn't give two shits about the federal debt, based on his ridiculous tax plan coupled with a massive increase in defense spending.

I'd be curious to know what the people who voted for him think about pot prohibition, because that's the only demographic he cares about. I have heard that Cali is planning to be like Texas was to the Obama administration. Sue sue sue in the hopes of blocking legislation or making much harder to get done, and when they're nearly a 5th of the country's economy, they have the capital to do it.

What Sessions does with DC will be telling. He potentially has the easiest battle there, and conservatives would be happy to stick it to an overwhelmingly blue area.