Topic: Top five of 16

I really don't think anything is gonna come out from now till next Sat that will make us rethink everything else we've heard all year so figured it'd be just as good as time as any other to make the albums of 2016 we thought were better than anything else.

Here's mine:

1.Metallica-self wired to self destruct, Really I can't help but give it to them, after years of there fans bitching and moaning that there tank was empty they actually put out a cd that made a lot of there hardcore critics stop ass crying about long hair and that stupid fucking napster lawsuit (In a year were there were two those poor bastards cds, a new neurosis, A new suicidal tendencies and a new nofx it goes a long way showing how good i thought this album really was by ranking it number one)

2.Those poor bastards-necrosphere, Only an E.P. but still though these guy manage to innovate there sound on each release and with these guys the scarier the better and this E.P. really manage to make me think i was reading a death novel from the 1930's.

3.Suicidal tendencies-World gone mad, Along the same lines as my top pick i chose this because i think they really did go about as old school st as i feel they possible could and for the first time sense he started drumming for them you could hear Dave Lombardo come through on the drums which sounded great along side Mike Muirs "cranky" skater/punk straight to the point lyrics.

4.The Melvins-basses loaded, Fuckin cd sounds like going through a sarcastic fun house at times and did what Mike Patton couldn't with two thousand projects actually make smart ass humor grundge/metal decent to listen to.

5.Devil driver-Trust no one, Metal is alive and well and Dez Fafara did one of the best jobs ever of making me a believer again that to listen to it you don't have to worship monster energy drink and have a really fucking terrible demon tattoo one your back while driving to an every time i die metal core concert! this cd was for people who want to head bang while puking instead of taking facebook pictures with the band after the show!

Not really any disappointments to report, Both the new neurosis and nofx were good but there newer stuff just didn't do anything to bump there way into my top five (But this is just one man's opinion....What the fuck is yours?)

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

2 (edited by robotron 2016-12-26 02:59:37)

Re: Top five of 16

1) Solange - A Seat at the Table
Don't Wish Me Well
2) Jeff Rosenstock - Worry
Bang on the Door
3) A Tribe Called Quest - We Got It From Here... Thank You 4 Your Service
We The People...
4) Kanye West - The Life of Pablo
FML
5) David Bowie - Blackstar
Lazarus
6) Chance The Rapper - Coloring Book
Same Drugs
7) Car Seat Headrest - Teens of Denial
Drunk Drivers/Killer Whales
8) Danny Brown - Atrocity Exibition
Really Doe
9) Crying - Beyond the Fleeting Gates
Preminotory Dream

3 (edited by Rioux 2016-12-26 14:07:34)

I didn't have time to listen to all the 2016 releases I want, but here's five albuns that I really liked:

1) Descendents - Hypercaffium Spazzinate
2) Noi!se - The Real Enemy
3) The Interrupters - Say It Loud
4) Hard Evidence - S/t
5) World Be Free - The Anti Circle

Other stuff that I liked: Brian Fallon - Painkillers, Crown Court - Capital Offense, No Time - Youll Get Yours, Bouncing Souls - Simplicity, Vanity - Don't be Shy

Not in order except maybe the first 2. And I could only think of 9:

Whores - Gold
Run The Jewels - RTJ3
Face to Face - Protection
Kanye - TLOP
G.L.O.S.S. - Trans Day of Revenge 7"
Bowie - Blackstar
Dead to Me - I wanna Die in Los Angeles 7"
Pinkwash - Collective Sigh
Young Thug - Jeffery

I would Include Bouncing Souls and Jeff Rosenstock but I haven't actually listened to them enough to do so

5 (edited by u.s.c.b. 2016-12-29 23:15:05)

rudy.peux wrote:

Not in order except maybe the first 2. And I could only think of 9:

Whores - Gold
Run The Jewels - RTJ3
Face to Face - Protection
Kanye - TLOP
G.L.O.S.S. - Trans Day of Revenge 7"
Bowie - Blackstar
Dead to Me - I wanna Die in Los Angeles 7"
Pinkwash - Collective Sigh
Young Thug - Jeffery

I would Include Bouncing Souls and Jeff Rosenstock but I haven't actually listened to them enough to do so

Yeah there were a few things that could have been throwin in for me too but just didn't get cramped into my busy "listing schedule" Ha ha. If i did have to give a comeback album of the year award I'd give it to the new Rob Zombie for putting out a good horror rock cd for the first time in twenty years and just not something on disk aimed at trying to become radio hits (My list for 16 seems to point out that i spent most of my year listing to metal and the only thing i can think of is because I'm on the north side of being forty but who the fuck knows smile)

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson