1 (edited by Bettie_Rage 2016-12-24 18:58:30)

Topic: Fucking FINALLY

I consider you bastards my extended dysfunctional and disturbed family so I wanted to share. After 6 long goddamn years of sitting around, playing games, eating dorritos, working off said dorritos, and brooding, I finally got a goddamn internship just in time for my starting practicum next year so I can graduate in December. Better still, it's an internship involving neuroscience and the brain, which is the area of psychology I want to go into. Super excited about it since it would help me not only get a job to pay for my doctorate but will give me the edge to get into a PhD program for neuropsych.

I was looking for a job to save up and have spending money but, honestly, an internship in that field with long-term benefits is good enough for me since they're hard to find unless you're in a PhD program.

Seems like things are finally coming up Bettie cool

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Re: Fucking FINALLY

YAY Betty! Good to hear from you too! Happy this time of year!

3 (edited by Bettie_Rage 2016-12-24 21:30:21)

Right? This year has completely sucked, with the deaths of icons and the election, but at least SOMETHING good happened for me. Also, one of my professors actually wants me to present my research into Epigenetics and Transgenerational Transmission of Slavery at a Black Psychologists Assembly. It's weird how it's all happening at one time towards the end of the year but I'm not complaining. Maybe this internship will turn into a job, eventually.

LOL, yeah I've been "off the interwebs" grid for a bit to work what i'm going to do for my last year and what happens afterwards. It's mainly been financial stresses but I'll probably be around here more often again. I missed you silly fucks.

Well done Betty,it's nice to read some good news for a change,really hope life is on the up for you.

What kind of doritos?

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

u.s.c.b. wrote:

What kind of doritos?

I destroy the cool ranch neutral...DESTROY them.

great stuff Bettie, good luck

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

Can the bitchy, fuck the world bettie make an appearance every now and then, for old times sake?

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

gnat wrote:

Can the bitchy, fuck the world bettie make an appearance every now and then, for old times sake?

Anything for you, Gnat smile

Over the moon to wake up this morn and read that, well done bettie.

Yay! Life all around feels so much better when you're doing work that feel meaningful. Even if its not ideal if its got you on the right track it just makes life feel better. Congrats!!

"I pop punk, not pills"

Awesome news, and to get asked to present at an Assembly is a big deal! Way to go!

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

chisox100 wrote:

Yay! Life all around feels so much better when you're doing work that feel meaningful. Even if its not ideal if its got you on the right track it just makes life feel better. Congrats!!

Yeah and in neuropsych, it really depends on who you know so these sort of opportunities are hard as shit to land unless you have connections, which I don't. I didn't get into psychology to listen to people complain, but I wanted to do some WORK as in the research and writing since I'm more interested in the brain than the actual person. I'm a goddamn mess myself so who the hell am I to point out to anyone how to fix their lives? People just think that all psych majors HAVE to be therapists, which isn't the case. You actually make more money doing the assessments, which is what I'm interested in.

Awesome news, and to get asked to present at an Assembly is a big deal! Way to go!

Right? Yeah, no pressure there neutral

Happy for you Bettie. Hard work pays off! (most of the time)

Congrats, Bettie!
All the best!

Please, keep us updated!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

16 (edited by Bettie_Rage 2017-01-12 18:19:19)

...Never mind, it fell through since they JUST NOW decided to fucking tell me "we don't really have room for an intern" AFTER the lady I would be shadowing said she would take me on. As if they just up and decided to go through this "transitioning" stage suddenly. I've been sitting on my ass for a week and a half waiting for the receptionist to call me after asking her boss when I can come see the facilities. Somehow I'm not surprised.

Back to square one, Bettie is pissed off again.

Back to square one

I saved you a seat.

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Better to be at square one than at zero or negative 3. Seems like its been one step forward two steps back for me for the longest time. The fact that you were that close to a goal and you actually put in the effort is better than nothing. Keep digging. smile

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana